I'm a somewhat modest person when it comes to piercings. I have a belly button ring and a stud in my nose. I've wanted a new piercing but wasn't sure what. I was thinking either a stud in my lip, inverse navel, or eyebrow piercing. I figured that the inverse navel would be too discreet, and the eyebrow and lip wouldn't be discreet enough.
I always considered a nape piercing to be VERY unusual, kind of "weird," and actually kind of disgusting.. until I started seeing more of them. They've started to grow on me and I really like them now. The way I see it is that nobody will see it unless I want them to. I have long hair so it'd be covered at school or work or family functions (I have a very modest family), but if I wear my hair up or show people THEN it would be visible. So, that's pretty much my reasoning for wanting my nape pierced.
What do you think of it?
If you think I should go for it, could you also give me some information on the procedure and the safety of it? Thanks!
Trish, thanks for your answer. I could be wrong, and I'm not sure, but I thought that a navel was a surface piercing also? I've had my navel for quite some time without the slightest problem, my best friend's rejected twice. I figured that since my navel was okay, so would ALL surface piercings. Do you think how well my navel has healed will reflect the healing process of a nape or not at all?
Similar Piercing Answers:
- parents? piercings? help :-)? ...every time i ask my parents if i can have a piercing they say no, mostly my mum, my dad doesn’t bother about things like that, so about 3 months ago i asked my parents if i could have my tragus pierced and they said no, one of my friends from school also asked and...
- Is it possible that……? ...That my navel piercing started rejecting but then stopped?
When I got it pierced years ago, there was a good chunk of skin there, but after it healed, it wasnt the same.. There isnt near as much flesh between the balls nowadays, but its not hanging in there by barely anything.. I never got infected,...
- Should I get a navel piercing or not? ...Reasoning:
I really like piercings, but for career reasons, I cannot have any on my face. I don’t like nipple or genital piercings, so a navel piercing sounds like a good options.
1. I want to know if it’ll look good or not. I won’t get one if I can’t pull it off. I know that’s up...
- What piercings are appropriate for a twelve year old girl? ...Hello, I’m new to Yahoo.
My name is Nicola and I am twelve years old. Since I was eleven, I have always been enthusiastic about body piercings, to stand out. I have researched piercings more recently as I have had a stronger urge to get just a beginner piercing (nostril etc…) and I have read that...
- pain level of nape piercing compared to industrial? ...I have an industrial, eyebrow and lip piercing and my lobes are stretched to a 1/2 inch. I’m considering a nape piercing but am worried about the rejection and the pain level of this surface piercing compared to my other piercings. Anyone who has had any of the ones I have and their nape please...