STRETCHING A MONROE PIERCING?
i got my monroe pierced in june of 2009, so it has been well over a year since i got it. never had problems with it, never got infected, etc. only thing i hate (and didn't think twice about at the time it was pierced): my piercer pierced me at 18g. first of all, 18g is terrible for oral piercings due to how easily they could rip out, and second of all, i hate the look of such a tiny gauge. i LOVE the look of 14g labret posts. so, i plan to stretch the piercing. i've stretched my ears up to 3/4" no problem over the last two years (first using tapers, later using the taping method), but how exactly would i go about stretching a monroe piercing? do i have to use a taper for such a tiny stretch? is it possible to just lube up the 14g jewellery and carefully shove it in? should i do this with a 16g post first? (considering when i made my first ever ear stretch, my piercer tapered me straight from 18g to 10g in one shot with so pain/issues).
edit: i've had every piercing done at Adrenaline in Toronto. they are professional, and are one of the top/most popular piercing/tattoo parlours in Toronto. furthermore, i've been informed multiple times that when it comes to lobe stretching, skipping sizes above 10g isn't such a big deal unless you're extremely sensitive/your skin elasticity is meak.
Similar Piercing Answers:
- Stretching oral piercings (lip)? ...I want to stretch both of my lip piercings, eventually, to about a 4g (at least that’s what I want at the moment- I always want to go larger when I get to my goal ha), but only one of them is healed right now (recently got the other side pierced).
The one that’s healed will...
- Tetanus Shot? ...So, my school’s threatening me with one of the most ludicrous things I’ve ever heard. If I don’t get my Tetanus shot by Tuesday after next, I’m not allowed back at school. Now, I’ve always had an extreme, irrational fear of injections due to bad childhood experiences. It’s been about five years since I’ve gotten...
- I want a snug piercing: words of advice are needed please:)? ...i’ve already made my mind up,
i dont care about the pain of the piercing or the swelling
but what about rejecting?
what is the rate of rejectment for the snug piercing?
no stupid answers please,
people with real experience
aka. im going to a professional piercer to get it done, i have already gotten my snakebites and cartliage there, i...
- I got my tongue pierced a week ago. It’s not infected or anything, but hurts, sometimes into my neck? ...I had it pierced, and it didn’t hurt my tongue barely at all, but it hurt on the left side of my neck…it feels like…like my jaw is out? You know that dull pain you have if your jaw is out of wack? It feels like that, even still. it’s been a week, and I...
- Ear Stretching – how long? ...I was just wondering generally how long it should take to stretch to about 6mm/8mm?
I’m currently at 4mm, and this has taken me a little over a week – i dont know if i have gone a little fast but theres been no blood or extreme pain or anything so i think im okay.