What is this bump behind my ear after having piercing for 4 months?
| Ear Piercings
I got my ear pierced...above my ear lobe but not fully up to the top like a usual cartilage piercing, but somewhat in the middle on the cartilage, about 4 months ago, and i just now took the original earring out for the first time today. when i did take it out, i saw a raised bump on the back of my ear and slightly on the front near the piercing hole. it does not hurt at all and isn't producing fluids or anything, but i'm wondering what it is...and if it's harmful to me.
Similar Piercing Answers:
- What to do with keloid or hypertrophic scar on rook piercing? ...So I got my rook (upper cartilage piercing) pierced a little more than two months ago and within the first month, I noticed this bump encircling the hole of the piercing.
Compared to my unpierced rook, my pierced rook has that raised slightly reddish bump and is bigger/more swollen. However, it is not...
- piercings and neck piercings? ...So i have a few questions about piercings
So two months has passes since i have gotten my left cartilage pierced and now i can finally change the earring(hurray!)
-what type of earring should i put in so it wont get infected?(sterling silver?)
-I want to get three more piercings,(two on left lobe, one more on right)
- How do I heal my snug piercing? ...I got a snug about 8 months ago and it started out fine but then got a bump, the bump went away after a couple months but now its been back for a few and its worse than before. It’s big and the skin on it drys out and it just is gross in general....
- Question about Tongue ring healing AFTER REMOVAL.? ...I got my tongue pierced a little under 2 months ago, it was a stupid impulse and I decided that I didn’t like it and should take it out.
I took it out 3 nights ago, so I know that it won’t be fully healed just yet, but I am curious about how it will heal...
- Why does my cartilage ear piercing have a bump on the back of the hole? ...I just recently got 3 cartilage ear piercings last month. Now I took them off to see how the healing is doing but there is a bump on each one on the back. Why is that?
I also have another cartilage piercing from 2 years ago and I also have a bump on the back of...