My cartilage piercing is 6 months old. Why is it doing this?
Hey, I am 14 and I got my helix pierced in March of this year.
(It has a horseshoe ring in it)
I had to switch the jewelry a couple times for soccer this past month, but it was healthy and seemed okay. I haven't changed it for about a week.
The past 2 days, it has been kinda sore randomly.
Tonight when I cleaned it, there was a little bit of dried blood mixed with the crusties.
This is really unusual.
How can I make it stop hurting and make it healthy again?
Is it infected?
Also, on the OTHER ear, on my lobe piercing, it was getting infected (I could tell by the smell), but I never wear earrings on my lobes because they are infection prone. I haven't worn earrings in months.
My cartilage piercing has never been infected before.
They only get infected when I put earrings in them (lobes).
I don't even know if they are infected or not. They get irritated.
And there is no way I am abandoning it. No. Way.
Similar Piercing Answers:
- How can I stop my ear piercing from hurting? ...Just over a year ago, I had the cartilage part of my ear pierced professionally. It was pierced with a good quality ring and after a while stopped hurting.
However, since changing my original earring it has hurt – despite the fact that I have used good quality earrings. It is not infected and looks...
- What are some different ear piercings available? ...I have my earlobes pierced twice (three times if you want to get technical. But the third hole closed up).
And I really want my lip pierced.
But my mom really isn’t budging on that.
I think the only thing she’ll let me get is my ears.
I want something a little more ~unusual.
But hey seriously. When I say...
- Tragus piercing? ...I just got my tragus pierced a week ago, and for the first few days it seemed to be healing normally, a little dried blood in the mornings and tender, but healing none the less. After about 6 days it was no longer sore and it didnt hurt to clean. However, yesterday out of nowhere...
- My daughters got me earrings and a voucher to get my ears pierced for Christmas- does this seem strange to you? ...My 7 year old twins clubbed together to buy me a rather unusual christmas present. A pair of earrings and a voucher to go and get my ears pierced.
They reckon that since I wear clip-ons, I obviously like earrings so I should stop being a wimp and go and get the real things.
- Is it unusual for a 5 year old to develop a complete fascination about ear piercing? ...Her first mention was a couple of weeks ago when we were discussing what she would like to wear if neither the school nor me set any rules. She said, among other things, that she’d get her ears “peered” so she could wear silver earrings with red jewels. About a week passed without another mention.