How is infant ear piercing an ok form of child mutilation?
Seriously, you wouldn't go and pierce your kids' nipples, or navel, or anything, but earlobe piercing is ok? How is one form of body mutilation ok, but others aren't, when they're basically the same thing. Circumcision ok, but girls' genital mutilation not ok. Ear piercing ok, but any other piercings, or even tattoos, not ok? How can we justify this when it is just another form of body mutilation, and therefor basically child abuse to do and should be the child's choice. How to people make sense of this?
Yes, my husband had our son circumcised, he felt his being uncircumcised caused certain problems he has, and felt our son with down's should be protected from them, I didn't agree, but he did it. And I'd love to get my daughter's ears pierced, but I'm going to wait till she's old enough choose. How can anyone justify doing this stuff to a child without their choice. They're too young to choose, and there's no way to know yet whether it does leave permanent emotional scarring or not.
Am I the only one who doesn't get any of this? How can one form be ok, when you'd scream child abuse if someone did another form?
Wow, I have 8 piercings, it does hurt more than a baby can handle, and does get infected easily. And I really have no idea how you can sit there, your baby giving a look of mommy why are you doing this to me, it hurts, and do it anyway. My son's been poked with needles a lot, and that's the look we get. If you consider it not child abuse to be doing it, than you're friggin idiots. I'm scarred from what people did to me before I can remember, how can babies not be.
Similar Piercing Answers:
- Let me ask a question regarding circumcision too. may as well jump on the bandwagon…? ...I’ve seen a lot of questions regarding circumcision lately. I’ve seen it compared to things that made no sense to me and I’ve also seen statements made that were positive to the argument and made you think…here’s my question…
For those who say they couldn’t do that to their child, that it had to be...
- Is there a large number of parents who (outside of worship or rite of passage) would get their kids a tattoo? ...I saw a question yesterday that got me thinking.
I’ve never seen a young kid with a tattoo, does this even happen? It must, right? It’s painful. Is it abuse? Is it abuse even if the child wants to do it? Can a child make that decision though? ...
- If some people consider genital piercings as “genital mutilation”… then…? ...If some people consider genital piercings as “genital mutilation”… then should having your ears pierced also be consider a type of mutilation?
If not… shouldn’t genital piercings, at least the ones that do not pierce the organ itself but only the surrounding skin, also not be considered “mutilation”?
- how much does a snug piercing hurt? ...I’ve already got my septum pierced, and an inverse bellybutton piercing aswell as stretched earlobes
i thought none of my piercings hurt at all, the septum ive heard is meant to be one of the most painful and to me it felt like only a pinch.
so how would i handle a snug piercing?
- What piercing do you think would suit me? ...
I’m trying to think what would look nice with my medusa piercings (which ill never take out) Surface piercings are out due to my body rejecting them..Also i know some may say “Ewww.” “Your ugly” i heard it before and it does not hurt my feeling I’ll list the piercings i have..