I got my tongue pierced a week ago. It’s not infected or anything, but hurts, sometimes into my neck?
I had it pierced, and it didn't hurt my tongue barely at all, but it hurt on the left side of my neck...it feels like...like my jaw is out? You know that dull pain you have if your jaw is out of wack? It feels like that, even still. it's been a week, and I can talk fine, eat, drink, blah blah blah. The swelling has gone down most of the way [it's still slightly swelled but nothing bothersome]. What's got my wondering is the pain. If I just barely stretch my tongue, it hurts my neck and the center of my tongue. It kinda hurts up into my ear as well.
Could this be because it's still a little swelled?
The tip of my tongue is slightly numb sometimes too, varying from not numb at all to the point where i could bite down on it and it wouldn't feel the teeth even.
There's no goo, sores, my tongue isn't twitchy like it was when it was first pierced, nothing...but I'd just like to know if the pain is normal with some people, and when i can expect it to go away.
I've been using plain Listerine, which I heard can aggrivate it and prevent healing, so last night I made a 50/50 mix with purified water. I also heard you're supposed to only eat soft foods for a week or so? I haven't been doing that either, the first day i ate a taco and have been eating normally since. So could this have something to do with my issues?
BTW, the bar is a typical fresh piercing bar, not too short, so that isn't it.
None of my friends who have had it done have had pain this long, or if they did they never mentioned it.
I almost feel like it's pushing on a nerve, or like...when i stretch it out the bar is 'in the way' of a muscle...
I know I'm probably not making much sense but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible.
He had to pierce it slightly crooked, due to my webbing. The top isn't off by much though, if any. It's really only crooked underneath.
I'm not willing to take it out for no good reason, because I love it, especially since I've had it I've been playing with it instead of eating [I have an oral fixation or something, lol] and I'm starting to lose a little weight already. Plus i'm not putting that $30 to waste and I'm definitely not getting it pierced again. it wasn't too bad the first time, but twice...nahhh.
So, any REAL advice would be nice. Please no jerky "tongue piercings are stupid" or "your tongue will rot off" crap. It's pretty hard to get an infection in your tongue, due to the saliva, so don't pull that.
Thank you for any help :)
Similar Piercing Answers:
- Could my tongue piercing be irritated from using a tooth whitening mouth wash? ...I’ve had my tongue pierced for 2 years now.
I have Listerine Extreme Whitening Pre-brush rinse treatment, and I never use it, but just recently I used it for 3 days in a row, and I noticed on the 3rd day my tongue started feeling sore underneath.
I can’t stretch it out either, it hurts a lot!...
- Had extreme pain in my right boob HELP!?!?!? ...I woke up at 3am in extreme pain. My boob really hurts. I am a 36D and it feels like something is like piercing it from one side through the other. I have tried massaging it and that does nothing, I have also bit my own nipple to counteract the pain with a more pleasurable...
- New tongue ring… is this normal? ...I pierced my tongue Saturday (6 days ago) and I’m having some issues…
-It strains the left side of my throat to talk for more than a few minutes
-It hurts to eat, and I can no longer chew on my left side without extreme pain on the left side of my throat
-My bottom front teeth feel...
- extreme pain in soft palate? ...just this morning, i had a sudden onset of pain in my soft palate. it’s in the entire back part.
it came out of nowhere while i was eating this morning. i had already eaten a bunch of food though, and then while i was eating a poptart, it just happened.
now it’s been here all day...
- My lower cartilage piercing is in EXTREME pain, and i got it pierced more than a week ago. What’s wrong?!!? ...So I got my lower cartilage pierced (the middle cartilage area, not the higher part), and it was definitely different than when i got my upper cartilage pierced at Claire’s. My upper cartilage didn’t hurt at all and the healing process was very painless and easy (i got it pierced with a gun)