Is FX Inc. at West Edmonton Mall a good place to get pierced?
I can't find a place to review this piercing shop online, so I thought I'd put it here-- just to get the information out there.
You should not get your piercings done here. Though the staff are friendly, the store uses the LOWEST quality of steel available for their piercing studs. You don't have a choice here when it comes to what material they pierce you with. The steel they use is toxic.
Like a scab, piercings heal from the top down. When you get pierced with this kind of steel, the lip begins to heal, and heals down as it should, but very quickly (before the piercing is fully healed) the skin at the top begins to slough off and turn white. This is a sign of infection from the toxic, low-quality steel. No steel is very good for piercings, but there are different grades, some better than others.
The kind of steel stud they put in you is the kind keychains are made out of. Seriously, spend more money and get pierced somewhere where they use glass or titanium. You won't get infected, your piercing will heal better and more quickly, and you won't be misinformed about aftercare.
Oh, yeah: FX Inc. recommends sea salt water to be used on new oral piercings. No, no, no. If you put your hand on it or you've been licking floors, this is a good idea as it dries the piercing out. However, if you use it often, it dries out the piercing and keeps it from healing quickly or correctly.
Anyway, just putting the information out there, as I'm sure people have this question.
Similar Piercing Answers:
- Oral piercing question: which steel should I get? ...So, I’m going to be getting snakebites and I’m going to be getting studs to start off with. What kind of steel should I get? I’m going to the Piercing Emporium in Worcester, Massachusetts and I can’t really remember all of the options for which kind of steel they’ll use, I think it’s...
- Microdermal piercings, or surface nape piercing? ...I am certain I want my nape pierced, but I have heard about the high rejection rate, and therefor I am concerned that it may be a waste of money.
I have heard about microdermal’s, i know that they can only be surgically removed, and have a much lower rejection rate. I want to know which...
- Is it just me, or is there a Bactine revolution going on with most piercers these days? ...I swear, it seems like every one of them is recommending it for piercing, and tattoo aftercare. I just don’t get it. It sad to see such good piercers give out and practice such horrible aftercare.
My usual piercer is the only one of the 3 I’ve visited this year (2 were out...
- Which Piercing? Especially, anyone with their nave/belly, or any one full of ideas!? ...I want a piercing some time this week,
I have a few on my face, and my mother doesn’t want me to have anymore piercings so I would appreciate any suggestions of piercings, I can easily conceal from her.
I’m thinking navel, so if any one has any advice on navel piercings, ie, pros and cons, and...
- Hip Surface Piercing Questions? ...My name is Kevin. I have a tattoo under my hips, on my pelvic area. I want to get a hip surface piercing on my right side, just above where my tattoo begins. But I’ve been hearing that if you’re too slim, the piercing will begin to reject easily. Also, I heard that if you...