Help with the constant vocalizations of my 6mo Dachshund puppy?
So, a lot of you here know I am studying to become a dog behaviorist, and that is why I spend a lot of time here. In this case, I don't know what to do. Experienced people with this behavior issue can hopefully help guide me in what I've been doing wrong. I will not accept answers of "popping, hitting, squirting my dog, or any other kind of negative behavioral reinforcement techniques".
My Dachshund is vocal and LOUD. We have a fenced yard, he plays with the cat and barks LOUDLY and constantly at her if she is not chasing him. He chases another dog and is very vocal to this dog that does not give in to play. He "begs" from his best friend dog, as she saves her treats or chew sticks, and he is very vocal and demanding, EARDRUM PIERCING demanding to her to give it up.
I know Dachshunds are vocal. I am okay with a dog barking at the door, barking because they hear another dog or unusual sound, but this one is so vocal that I can't control these outbursts of vocalization, or at least, I don't know how to.
We do think it's cute, for like a minute, but we do our best to hide that we think it's cute. We don't want to encourage the behavior and try to correct it immediately, but he's not really responding to our corrections.
What are we doing wrong, and how can we tone this down a bit to a normal level that's acceptable?
I don't want to raise a spoiled brat, I want to raise a dog who listens. Period.
Umm, please? Anyone? Ideas? What are your techniques?
Similar Piercing Answers:
- Anyone have any advice how to help: re-post? ...I’m really needing more solutions, and am a bit embarrassed that I have no idea what more to try. I’m failing and I hate that. I’m sure my neighbors can be getting just as irritated as me. Original question:
So, a lot of you here know I am studying to become a dog behaviorist, and that...
- Some object or maybe insect when in my ear? Please read~? ...Earlier this morning while i was sleeping,half way through my sleep i hear something tugging inside my ear like this thing was trying to enter my left ear = =?
So i woke up trying to use 2 of my fingernails to try grip it out,i felt something sharp like earring? and mysteriously the earring on...
- Janessa’s Daily RiddleS!!! 4 OF THEM! 10POINTS! I’M BACK!? ...1.The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place
2.A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, “If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if...
- please help me!? ...I don’t know whats wrong with me here are my symptoms i know you can’t diagnose me properly but can you give me an idea of what might be wrong thanks ………
extreme attention seeking
changing my perosnality (one day i am very mature, sensible, calm etc. and other days im a total rebel, very...
- Trained singer, with the most “powerful” voice that you’ve ever heard? ...My focus here is only on two aspects of a singer and their career:
(1) that they were/are educated and trained in classical music; and have had at least a modicum of success in their profession.
(2) that they possessed an extraordinary vocal power.
My candidate(as an example): Eileen Farrel. A concert singer rather than operatic, I...