Anyone have any advice how to help: re-post?
I'm really needing more solutions, and am a bit embarrassed that I have no idea what more to try. I'm failing and I hate that. I'm sure my neighbors can be getting just as irritated as me. Original question:
So, a lot of you here know I am studying to become a dog behaviorist, and that is why I spend a lot of time here. In this case, I don't know what to do. Experienced people with this behavior issue can hopefully help guide me in what I've been doing wrong. I will not accept answers of "popping, hitting, squirting my dog, or any other kind of negative behavioral reinforcement techniques".
ADD: how can I become a dog behaviorist and use negative techniques? Just doesn't seem to go.
My Dachshund is vocal and LOUD. We have a fenced yard, he plays with the cat and barks LOUDLY and constantly at her if she is not chasing him. He chases another dog and is very vocal to this dog that does not give in to play. He "begs" from his best friend dog, as she saves her treats or chew sticks, and he is very vocal and demanding, EARDRUM PIERCING demanding to her to give it up.
I know Dachshunds are vocal. I am okay with a dog barking at the door, barking because they hear another dog or unusual sound, but this one is so vocal that I can't control these outbursts of vocalization, or at least, I don't know how to.
We do think it's cute, for like a minute, but we do our best to hide that we think it's cute. We don't want to encourage the behavior and try to correct it immediately, but he's not really responding to our corrections. ADD: distracting him, rolling him on his side and holding him there until he calms down etc sshhhing him while making him go inside etc..
What are we doing wrong, and how can we tone this down a bit to a normal level that's acceptable?
I don't want to raise a spoiled brat, I want to raise a dog who listens. Period.
ADD: I am only in the learning phase of my study and right now we are studying human psychology. I can google as much as I want, but nothing beats people responding with real experience of what worked for them. What's your take on spraying with a water bottle?
Ideas? What are your techniques?
I so hope to get a couple of legit answers here, because I just don't know anymore. Your help is really appreciated! Thanks!
Jenny, Amanda, Mandy, whoever you want to change to from day to day, you are reported AGAIN. Seriously, do you ACTUALLY catch anyone to go to your site with your constant cheap advertisement? Why don't you take all the trolls with you this time and DON'T COME BACK! I'm so sick of your crappy adds!
Bells, I actually like a lot of your answers. I didn't give you the thumb's down here either by the way. Can you tell me a bit more? I admit that I don't know everything and that's why I'm here, learning.
Anyway, A dog behaviorist is the name the Dutch give to an education here for Kynology Dog Trainer. Basically with a year's study I will make this level, but the next level is Dog Behaviorist (don't know how to translate that otherwise) Basically it's dog training and a kind of dog psychology so that you can help people that have behavior issues. Mostly because they themselves apply the wrong techniques to their dogs.
Anyway, I'm not offended by your answer, and hope you CAN tell me what you know. Thanks! :-)
Oh yes, and I completely agree with you that book learning tells you sh*t! It's helpful with some things, but practical experience is what you need. I already asked that question a while ago and got a really good answer on where I can gain this experience.
Still, please, answers...
bluebonnetgranny: Good point!
Similar Piercing Answers:
- Help with the constant vocalizations of my 6mo Dachshund puppy? ...So, a lot of you here know I am studying to become a dog behaviorist, and that is why I spend a lot of time here. In this case, I don’t know what to do. Experienced people with this behavior issue can hopefully help guide me in what I’ve been doing wrong. I will not...
- TRAGUS piercing ?? ...ok ive heard some people say its the most painful and some say its the least??? help me out here?
i thik there cute and im thinking about getting it
should i or no?
i only have my navel pierced and that wasnt painful at all if tells you about my pain level….and also if you want...
- Would you leave your children with someone with piercings? ...I’m planning on getting my eye brow pierced as well as my nose. I’m 18 and start school for psychology with a minor in childhood and youth studies soon. I might switch to early years education and become a kindergarten teacher instead. I haven’t REALLY decided but either way I want to work with kids...
- Vertical tragus piercing? (who has it)? ...Okay i know all piercing can go wrong. But the vertical tragus piercing have a high number of rejections. I love how this piercing looks it look painful…but it also looks cute. Do you have it and what was your experience? If you don’t have it. Maybe you know someone who does? feel free to...
- Is it weird to have oral sex cravings? ...I’m 17yrs old and i really enjoy oral sex. I’m very afraid to receive it, even though I’ve received it before. When I was little my cousin and I use to try sexual things with each other. (I know that its not ok but its a little too late for that now). He would give...